I’m the type of girl who leaves everything to the last-minute, this includes washing my hair. I’ve got such a thick mane that washing, drying and then styling it becomes something I try to avoid for as long as I possibly can. It’s one horribly, tedious job so if I can get around this and still look decent, I’m all for it. I saw a tutorial on Instagram a few weeks ago and had to give it a try as I love a ‘little effort as possible’ hairstyle. This is the perfect solution if your hair is desperate to be washed but you’re not desperate to spend the time styling it.
Step by Step Guide
1. Wash your hair as normal and towel dry to take out any excess water. My hair is quite thick so if you’re the same, you could also blast it with a hairdryer a little.
2. Spray on your favourite sea salt spray. I used my DIY sea salt spray that I made on my blog here
3. Separate your hair into big sections. I did one on top, two on each side and three down the back. These can differ depending on the thickness and length of your hair. If you want a loose wave I would do less.
4. Start twisting your first section and then wrap it around itself as shown in the photo above. Pin this in place using a Bobby pin, leaving the ends out.
5. Do this until your hair is all twisted and pinned into place.
6. Go to bed and leave it to dry. I actually put some nice, big Bridget Jones style knickers on my head to keep it in place.
7. When you wake up you can unravel your twists.
8. Once they are all unravelled, throw your head forward and shake your hands through your hair to loosen all of the twists and blast it with the hairdryer on a cool setting.
9. Add some hair spray, serum and whatever else you like to tame your mane and you’re done.
10. Enjoy your beach waves with zero effort.
If you enjoy really easy to do hairstyles like the one today, then follow my blog and I will keep you up to date with any that I find.
Lots of Love